The Children’s Play Village & Entertainment Ltd (“We”, “Us”, “Our) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.thechildrensplayvillage.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Children’s Play Village & Entertainment Ltd, Company Number 09479638 and our registered and trading address for correspondence is: The Children’s Play Village, Hampton Road, Budbrooke, Warwick, CV35 8HA. At The Children’s Play Village We follow the principles for responsibly and lawfully processing your information so that your data is:
a) Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
b) Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
c) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d) Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
e) Kept in a form for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
f) Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
The Children’s Play Village may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
The Information We May Collect From You
Personal data relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means the personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Name of adult making a booking and the name/names of the child/children in attendance;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Credit card/billing information;
- Data and activity about the pages you visit on our site;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version.
- Feedback and survey information.
The Children’s Play Village only collects information deemed necessary for the operation of the business. You details will not be shared with any third parties and you will only be contacted with regards to your booking or responding to a specific enquiry, unless you have selected to receive our newsletter updates.
We Require This Information for the Following Reasons:
- To process your online booking and to secure your space on one of our play sessions. Our booking system enables us to operate visitor capacity limits which ensures the safety, comfort and high level of play experience we strive to offer our customers.
- Providing and managing your access to our site.
- To record who is present at The Children’s Play Village at any one time to comply with our Emergency & Fire Management and Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- We request basic contact details in the event that we need to contact you in the unlikely event of cancelling a play session due to factors outside of our control.
- We use your email address to communicate booking related information such as booking confirmation and feedback requests to improve our service, or we use your contact details provided (online or offline) to respond to your queries. Only those who opt into receiving our newsletter will periodically receive emails from us about our service. For all those who have subscribed to our newsletter we do not invade our customers’ privacy with the bombarding of emails, and we make this as easy as possible to unsubscribe from future emails should you wish to.
- We collect other basic information when you interact with our website that assists us with us understanding where our customers are visiting from such as demographic information, referrals to assist with our marketing analytics and reporting.
- Gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve your customer experience;
- General internal reporting that relates to business performance, such as, visitor numbers, return visitors.
Security of Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal and financial information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or in person.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Security of Personal Data Provided Via Our Booking System
In order to operate an online booking system we have chosen a third party provider to meet our online booking requirements, process via a secure online server. During the online booking process our third party provider is required to gather personally-identifying information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of your online booking requirement and does not disclose personally-identifying information to other third parties.
As per standard guidance, all customers making an online booking are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect themselves and their computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
The Security of Your Financial Information
Neither our third party online booking system or The Children’s Play Village store any financial or card details anywhere on our systems. When making card payments the details collected to make any payment are taken by WorldPay’s online secure gateway. We have chosen WorldPay because they are one of the UKs leading providers of secure online payment.
Photography, Camera and Mobile Devises
The privacy of other visitors must be respected. Visitors can take photographs of their own children for personal, private, non-commercial purposes only. Unless permission has been expressly granted by us, pictures and images cannot be reproduced in any format or media other than for private viewing.The Children’s Play Village only shares photographs of children playing on our website, social media or promotional materials with prior written consent from parents/carers.
Security & Safety
CCTV systems are installed externally and internally at The Children’s Play Village to enhance the security of the building. The Intended purpose of CCTV is for:
- Protecting the building and its assets both during and after opening hours.
- Reducing the incidence of crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Assist in identifying, apprehending and prosecuting offenders of criminal activities.
Video monitoring of public areas on our premises is for security purposes only and is limited to uses that do not violate the individual’s reasonable expectation to privacy.
Requesting Personal Information We Hold About You
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 at any time. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we require the payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email or write to us at the normal contact address above. If you believe that any information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By using our site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of our site and your use and experience of our site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them
Certain features of our site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section, but please be aware that our site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
Complaints About Our Data Handling
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided above and we will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.